Re: using zmailer for serious production

-> Here, we are running Zmailer for 2+years.  Recently, mail traffic
-> is somewhere between 10,000 and 20,000 messages/day.  Zmailer runs
-> on an SS20 (together with POP/IMAP from UWashington) and handles
-> this traffic without visible effort.  Typical load average is 0.4,
-> and this is mostly due to numerous POP processes.  Typical latency
-> when delivering within local network is less then a minute.

hmmm as I wrote few bug reports we're running zmailer for 3-4 years.
scheduler sometimes crashes (too often in last time), router crashed 1.5
year ago and smtp don't want to deliver to M$ exchange. on other machine,
some mail seem delivered more then once to pipe and causes listproc generate
many error msgs (already seen msg).

smtpserver was blocking one time on my machine (stopped and didn'd accept()
nor get any data)

I like zmailer. but I must get it to run without bugs, without upgrades
every week...

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin of one server at SANET Kosice, Slovakia
 E-mail: Matus.Uhlar@tuke.sk ; WWW: http://ccsun.tuke.sk/users/uhlar