Re: using zmailer for serious production

On 1 Jul 1997, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

> I once had sendmail stop emptying its queue because of just eleven
> queued message.  I had "* * * * * /usr/sbin/sendmail -q" in cron, but
> these eleven nastily undeliverable messages still made sendmail choke.

  That cron line will cause bad things to happen.  It will launch a
queueing running sendmail every minute.

  As stated in the documentation, the correct way to keep the queue empty
is by running sendmail as "sendmail -bd -q10m", which run the queue every
10 minutes.

  Remember that in sendmail, messages only go into the queue, if initial
delivery fails.

> --Arnt

Tom