Re: smtp seems to be ignoring a 550 return

We were able to track this one down,

The problem turned out to be mis-detected return type
of the  sprintf(),  which at SunOS 4.x is  'char *', while
at Solaris et.al. newer systems it is 'int'.

I didn't check if the autoconfig had a hickup this time,
or if it is persistent problem, but my test with the function
source, and gcc did produce working binary all right...

I am not sure there are easy ways to do regression testing
so that the autoconfigration can be sure it in itself
does not go nuts, and create even greater mess.