Re: smtp seems to be ignoring a 550 return

> > Using zmailer 2.99.48p2 under SunOS-4.1.4_U1.
> >
> > I don't know if I am missing something obvious but smtp seems to just idle
> > out after receiving a 550 user unknown return from a remote esmtp (and I
> > believe smtpd as well) daemon.  The message just gets retried until the 3
> > day timeout is up.  Any ideas?

	All the symptoms listed sound like the smtp process is
	dropping a core at the event.

	Is there a core at $POSTOFFICE/transport/ directory ?
	Can I get the backtrace ?  (See that you start the
	scheduler so that it/its children can drop cores..)

	(2.99.48p3 does not drop the core, nor does it freeze at
	 Linux..)

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>