Re: Config Question

> > 2.  On my old system (SCO Unix), the mail system was configured to
> > recognise when multiple copies of the same message were being sent to
the
> > same addressee and would, therefore, suppress additional copies.  i.e.
if I
> > were a member of two mailing lists on the local system and someone send
> > message addressed to me and to both lists, I'd receive only one copy of
the
> > message.  Currently, on my new system, I am receiving three messages.
Can
> > ZMailer be configured to do this?
>
> 	This is more hairy situation.
> 	It does the suppression in case the lists are ZMailer internal, but
> 	if any of them involves running external programs (i.e. Majordomo),
> 	they are entirely separate entities.
>
> 	To answer fully, I do need to know your list setup.  Are the lists
> 	in the  $MAILSHARE/lists/ -directory, or somewhere else ?  If they
> 	are elsewere, where ? How ?

Sorry, that was quite an oversite on my part.  Obviously you'd need to know
this info....

Right now, I'm just using the ZMailer to manage my mailing lists.  As you
mentioned above, my lists are in $MAILSHARE/lists/.  However, ZMailer isn't
suppressing duplicates on these internal lists....

Sometime in the future, I'll be moving to majordomo for list management;
however.

Thanks,

Kevin Traas
Systems Analyst