Things to be done before a stable relase

Having packaged zmailer for Debian I saw the following issue that I think
need dealing with before a release:

1. Make gnu autoconf fully functional. Installing in a different subtree
does not work.

2. Consistent cleanup in all directories. make distclean does not remove
all junk.

3. Get rid of obsolete stuff and streamline the sourcepackage. Most of the
scripts supplied are obsolete for example.

4. Complete the documentation.

5. The zmailer.conf needs to be organized to either contain compile time
values or runtime configuration values not both.

6. A good generic example setup is missing. Had to generate some on my
own for the Debian distribution.