Re: Config Question

> I'm new to ZMailer and have a question.  If it's something covered in docs
> somewhere, just kindly point me in the right direction.  Thanks.

Ditto.

> My question is:  I've just reconfigured my LAN and DNS.  The system that
> used to receive e-mail to my domain is being replaced by this Linux system
> running ZMailer.  The problem I've run into is that for any mail coming to
> username@DN, errors occur if username doesn't exist on the Linux system.
>
> For ease, I'll call the Linux system A and the old system B.
>
> I now have DNS configured so that any mail addressed to username@DN is
> delivered to system A.  I'd like to configure ZMailer to automatically
> forward any mail for which it can't resolve the username to system B.  The
> reason for this is that I want to phase out system B.

I have a similar situation, and I haven't gotten too far with the
docs in the tar.  I will have two hostnames defined (one's an alias)
in my dns to point to my Linux box (with zmailer of course) connected
to the Internet, say host1.some.thing.com and host2.some.thing.com.

How I'm wanting to set up the mail routing is for zmailer to pick up
anything addressed to host1.some.thing.com and some.thing.com, and
deliver it to users on the Linux box (giving "user doesn't exist as
appropriate). But then forward any mail addressed to
host2.some.thing.com to a second SMTP server on my LAN, not dirrectly
connected to the 'net (using IP masq'ing).

Can I?  Might there be the errors mentioned above if a user on host2
doesn't exist on host1?

Many thanks.

---
"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'Ni!' at will to old
ladies.  There is a pestulance upon this land, nothing is sacred.  Even those
who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress of
this period of history."                                   -- Roger the Shrubber