NetBSD & zmailer; sendmail-style aliases parsing

I've been using zmailer for quite some time, but not keeping up with the
latest releases. Since I am doing a system upgrade today, I thought I'd
grab the latest stuff. To my unhappiness, I found that I'd fallen off the
mailing list at the end of february for some reason.

Two questions:

1. am I the only one using zmailer on NetBSD-current (sparc)? Some patches
from me will be forthcoming.

2. is there an easy way to set zmailer so that it will parse both
/etc/aliases and .forward files *exactly* the same way that sendmail does?
The gratuitous difference here is a nearly daily exercise in frustration
for me, particularly since the parsing rules are not documented in any
obvious manual page.

	thanks,

	Erik Fair <fair@clock.org>