Re: zmailer on Debian systems

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, Remco van de Meent wrote:
> It happened with all messages. I didn't get any messages through the router.
> But I wanted to install zmailer, and while looking at my system, I said "why
> not installing correct libraries, which everyone is using", so I removed the
> Debian include files and lib's, and replaced them by the ones you can find
> at every GNU-mirror.
> And now it all works fine.

I use Debian Linux and Z-mailer (version 2.99.48-970407 + patch 1b) with
no problems. In fact, such a system is now in production here as our
primary mailserver processing a good number of messages each day without
crashing.  What version of the db libraries did you have installed?  Here
is the list from the mailserver:

ii  libdb1          1.85.4-3       The Berkeley database routines (runtime vers
ion)
ii  libgdbm1        1.7.3-19       GNU dbm database routines (runtime version).

This is more or less on the current 'bo' (aka 'frozen') version.

Roy
rcb@press-gopher.uchicago.edu