New snapshot -- last of 2.99.48 ?

Ok,  I spent a day at finalizing a distribution, but I still call
this 'beta' snapshot.  In a few days I will modify the version
name to be '2.99.48', and store it to ftp.funet.fi, but until
then, I am interested in your reports.

Snapshot location:
	ftp://mea.tmt.tele.fi/

	/Matti Aarnio <matti.aarnio@tele.fi> <mea@nic.funet.fi>

Wed Apr 23 17:58:19 1997  Matti Aarnio  <mea@mea.tmt.tele.fi>

	* Makefile.in:
	    Version 2.99.48-970423

	* configure.in:
	    - Rearranged libresolv autoconfiguration
	    - Test for possible need of -lresolv to satisfy the
	      access to the structure:  _res
	    - Corrected the  RFC822TABS (--without-rfc822-tabs) option
	    - Do GCC optimizer resistant test on existence of
	      external objects, e.g. char *sys_siglist[];

	* include/ta.h, transports/libta/tasyslog.c:
	    New parameter (msg) to the  tasyslog()  routine

	* include/zsyslog.h:
	    Yield an error if the system does not have proper
	    <syslog.h>  (TODO: Have acceptable substitutes for
	    that case..)

	* libc/mail.c, smtpserver/smtpdata.c:
	    The  mail_close()  routine is a wrapper for an internal
	    routine that returns information regarding the last status
	    of the spool file for the  smtpserver  to be able to report
	    that at the message reception.

	* router/libdb/header.c, man/zmailer.3:
	    Define the  "rcvdfrom" to require a  "user@address" type of
	    parameter

	* smtpserver/smtpcmds.c:
	    Store the "rcvdfrom" information from the IDENT information.

	* router/rfc822.c, router/router.c:
	    If the system can't resolve internal uname->uid/uid->uname
	    mappings (getpwnam() fails ?), then defer the message.

	    If the message has a "rcvdfrom" header, and the message is
	    not submitted by any of the "trusted" UIDs, replace the "rcvdfrom"
	    information with a new one we fabricate

	* router/rfc822.c, router/rtsyslog.c:
	    router's syslog (rtsyslog()) has a new parameter

	* smtpserver/smtpserver.c:
	    - Don't syslog() anything, unless indicating an error!
	    - Recognize IN6_IS_ADDR_V4MAPPED() type of addresses, and
	      do reversal lookup in proper IPv4 manner.

	* transports/libta/diagnostics.c, transports/libta/tasyslog():
	    - notary_setwttip() to behave in similar manner to notary_setwtt(),
	      but to define the IP address that the host has, and we have made
	      a connection with.
	    - tasyslog() takes that information as a parameter
	    - tasyslog() has new sprintf() format strings with output width
	      limitations

	* transports/libta/mimeheaders.c:
	    Rewrote (somewhat) the text of the "X-Warning:" -lines

	* transports/mailbox/mailbox.c:
	    - The recipient address is properly dequoted, and localized
	      for feeding to the local processing (to a file, pipe, or
	      to store at somebodys mailbox)
	    - HP-UX 9.x oriented: 'fflush() returns an error in case
	      the FP points to a PIPE, but lets hope it won't set ferror()
	      unless it really is an error!'

	* transports/sm/sm.c:
	    - Process bigger let_buffer[]s than before
	    - If the system reads more than one bufferfull, always remember
	      to zero the  'readalready'.

	* transports/smtp/smtp.c:
	    - Report the  notary_setwttip()  along with  notary_setwtt() data
	      for the diagnostics
	    - smtp pipelining code rearrangement completion

	* transports/libta/tasyslog.c:
	    Don't be shy about telling what the return message of the
	    transporter was when tasyslog()ing it, and the code was OK.