[Raw Msg Headers][Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New snapshot -- last of 2.99.48 ?
Ok, I spent a day at finalizing a distribution, but I still call
this 'beta' snapshot. In a few days I will modify the version
name to be '2.99.48', and store it to ftp.funet.fi, but until
then, I am interested in your reports.
/Matti Aarnio <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Wed Apr 23 17:58:19 1997 Matti Aarnio <email@example.com>
- Rearranged libresolv autoconfiguration
- Test for possible need of -lresolv to satisfy the
access to the structure: _res
- Corrected the RFC822TABS (--without-rfc822-tabs) option
- Do GCC optimizer resistant test on existence of
external objects, e.g. char *sys_siglist;
* include/ta.h, transports/libta/tasyslog.c:
New parameter (msg) to the tasyslog() routine
Yield an error if the system does not have proper
<syslog.h> (TODO: Have acceptable substitutes for
* libc/mail.c, smtpserver/smtpdata.c:
The mail_close() routine is a wrapper for an internal
routine that returns information regarding the last status
of the spool file for the smtpserver to be able to report
that at the message reception.
* router/libdb/header.c, man/zmailer.3:
Define the "rcvdfrom" to require a "user@address" type of
Store the "rcvdfrom" information from the IDENT information.
* router/rfc822.c, router/router.c:
If the system can't resolve internal uname->uid/uid->uname
mappings (getpwnam() fails ?), then defer the message.
If the message has a "rcvdfrom" header, and the message is
not submitted by any of the "trusted" UIDs, replace the "rcvdfrom"
information with a new one we fabricate
* router/rfc822.c, router/rtsyslog.c:
router's syslog (rtsyslog()) has a new parameter
- Don't syslog() anything, unless indicating an error!
- Recognize IN6_IS_ADDR_V4MAPPED() type of addresses, and
do reversal lookup in proper IPv4 manner.
* transports/libta/diagnostics.c, transports/libta/tasyslog():
- notary_setwttip() to behave in similar manner to notary_setwtt(),
but to define the IP address that the host has, and we have made
a connection with.
- tasyslog() takes that information as a parameter
- tasyslog() has new sprintf() format strings with output width
Rewrote (somewhat) the text of the "X-Warning:" -lines
- The recipient address is properly dequoted, and localized
for feeding to the local processing (to a file, pipe, or
to store at somebodys mailbox)
- HP-UX 9.x oriented: 'fflush() returns an error in case
the FP points to a PIPE, but lets hope it won't set ferror()
unless it really is an error!'
- Process bigger let_buffers than before
- If the system reads more than one bufferfull, always remember
to zero the 'readalready'.
- Report the notary_setwttip() along with notary_setwtt() data
for the diagnostics
- smtp pipelining code rearrangement completion
Don't be shy about telling what the return message of the
transporter was when tasyslog()ing it, and the code was OK.