Re: zmailer on Debian systems

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, Matti Aarnio wrote:

[about the router segfaulting in .46]

> 	Getting GDB backtraces would be most instructive, and perhaps
> 	if you could try my 2.99.48beta snapshots ?
>
> 		ftp://mea.tmt.tele.fi/
>
> 	Also getting the transport- and rfc-822 envelopes of the message
> 	in processing when the crash occurs would tell something to me.
> 	... and if this crash occurs only with one particular message,
> 	while others run thru successfully, or does it happen with all
> 	messages ?

It happened with all messages. I didn't get any messages through the router.
But I wanted to install zmailer, and while looking at my system, I said "why
not installing correct libraries, which everyone is using", so I removed the
Debian include files and lib's, and replaced them by the ones you can find
at every GNU-mirror.
And now it all works fine.

I'm sorry, but I cannot give you any traces. I didn't use GDB, but I did a
'strace' once. I remember that it was complaining about 'seek' before it got
killed by segfault. But I don't remember the exact calls.

bye -R.

// Remco van de Meent
//   email: remco@oloon.student.utwente.nl
//   www: http://oloon.student.utwente.nl