Re: Of error mail and incoming messages getting resent.

> I had brought up this problem in a previous message of messages getting
> sent more than once.  However I had noticed no repeatability.  I now have
> a message that the remote site continues to sent to me and I believe it is
> that same problem with Zmailer.

	Remote site continues to send ??
	Propably there is some SMTP transaction sync lock loss ?

> I have also not seen any confirmed solutions to the lack of proper error
> mail creation.  Is Mr Eugene Crosser's <crosser@online.ru> solution the
> correct one?

	2.99.47 fixes the missing error report messages

> Note that I had previously been using 99.11 for two years without any
> such problems.
>
> In any event this is the SMTP conversation of the message that keeps
> getting resent:
>
> 15084#  connection from IDENT-FD2-FAULT-1-38@cc09ss.unity.ncsu.edu (port
> 3688)
> 15084w  220 amc-edm.amc.ab.ca ZMailer Server 2.99.46 #1 ESMTP+IDENT ready
> at Tue, 18 Mar 1997 01:07:44 -0700
> 15084#  remote from [152.1.1.224]

	It is a machine with sendmail-8.8.4.
	Are you sure the message in question is received repeatedly from
	that remote machine ?  If so, then there definitely is problem in
	between the machines. (Or inside the remote one.)

> 15084r  EHLO cc09ss.unity.ncsu.edu
> 15084w  250-amc-edm.amc.ab.ca Hello cc09ss.unity.ncsu.edu
> 15084w  250 HELP
> 15084r  MAIL From:<Mailer-Daemon@cc09ss.unity.ncsu.edu> SIZE=3828
> 15084w  250 2.1.0 Sender syntax Ok
> 15084r  RCPT To:<fred@amc.ab.ca>
> 15084w  250 2.1.5 Ok; can accomodate 3828 byte message
> 15084r  DATA
> 15084w  354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
> 15084w  250 2.6.0 Roger
> 15084#  17420: 1233 bytes
> 15084r  QUIT
> 15084w  221 2.0.0 amc-edm.amc.ab.ca Out
>
> Any suggestions/confirmations on this or the error mail problem are
> welcome.
>
> SunOS 4.1.3 U1 on Sparc2, Zmailer 2.99.46+p1+p2 compiled with gcc.

	Hmm.. apparently I never published my patch3 for that..

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>