zmailer...

Sorry for being so stupid but

-> > -> the scheduler keeps repeating:
-> > -> ---
-> > -> Resyncing file "G/84142-4108" (ino=84142) .. in processing db
-> > -> ---
-> > ->
-> > -> I tried zmailer-2.99.43b-961202 too. The same result.
-> > -> I think it's a problem w/my config.
-> >
-> > hmmm I saw the same lines in my scheduler log whan I ran 2.99.43b

I found many directories in transport and queue dirs... meybe they got into
when I started 2.99.43b at first time, with -H... and then I removed it.
I changed some configs and after I couldn't submit those msgs...
after a mistake I removd them :( I wanted to move them one dir up ans remove
those dirs...

-> 	I have said it occasionally that that is a symptom of
-> 	the scheduler, and transport-agent disagreeing message
-> 	work specification meaning.  Most commonly it is due to
-> 	mis-parametrization of the transporter (by means of use
-> 	of non-standard channel names)
->
-> 	Sometimes it is a result from (re)starting the scheduler
-> 	so that old scheduler's transporters haven't gotten time
-> 	enough to finish.  Then there may appear a case where
-> 	some message becomes processed by previous transporter,
-> 	while a new one was being prepared for the job.
-> 	The transporter notices that it does not have anything
-> 	to do ( ctlopen() -routine returns NULL ), and it notifies
-> 	"#resync <filename>" to the scheduler.

I think that doesn't belong to these...

-> > btw, i use tcp wrappers and smtpserver still uses its own libident. isn't
-> > that superflous ?
->
-> 	The "libident" does different thing, at least I hope the tcp-wrapper
-> 	does not do ident query...   Anyway while the ident query has been
-> 	in ZMailer for quite a while, the integrated tcp-wrapper (in the
-> 	smtpserver -- I hope you use it ?) is rather new addition.

I have tcpd configured to ident query everyone...I can turn it off for mail,
but I'd like to have smtp connections logged in syslog as tcpd does. Can't
smtpserver get the username info from tcpd functions ?

The last problem, smtpserver of 2.99.43b still doesn't respond after Mail
FROM: <addr>
by
*	asveR
in smtpserver.conf...