Re: (lame) problem sending mails

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Timo Karjalainen wrote:

> Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 00:01:28 +0200 (EET)
> From: Timo Karjalainen <wizzo@pc164103.oulu.fi>
> To: zmailer@nic.funet.fi
> Subject: Re: (lame) problem sending mails
>
> > > sendmail-path=/usr/lib/sendmail -oem -t -oi
>
> I have the following in my pine.conf.fixed:
> sendmail-path=/usr/sbin/sendmail -t
>
> and it works like a charm :)

Thanks to all who have responded.

As I said, I managed to get Pine working but I can't get zmailer to send
the mails (ie: to leave my computer).

I still have my sent mails in $POSTOFFICE.

As I deduced from $LOGDIR/* the smtp client connects to the host where the
mails should be sent and passes the initial greeting.

I took a look to the logs to see what happens when I _receive_ mails:

---(cut from $LOGDIR/smtpserver)
[...]
19406w  250-DSN
19406w  250-X-RCPTLIMIT 10000
19406w  250-X-TURNME
19406w  250-ETRN
19406w  250 HELP
--------vvv
19406r  MAIL From:<owner-linux-newbie-outgoing@vger.rutgers.edu> SIZE=396 BODY=7BIT
19406w  250 2.1.0 Ok
19406r  RCPT To:<nova@bug.cisnet.ro> ORCPT=rfc822;nova@bug.cisnet.ro
[...]
---(end of the excerpt)
I receive mails ok.

The sending process seems to lock up after the initial greeting.

Isn't my smtp client sending MAIL From: <...> or what?
I'm too lame to figure out by myself.

Daniel
-
nova@bug.cisnet.ro
It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.