Re: smtp problems

On Thu, 12 Dec 1996, Matti Aarnio wrote:

> > (((smtp mail.gottash.com csturn@gottash.com default_attributes)))
> >
> > which is about what I would expect.  When I check the scheduler logs I find.
> 	Using smtp-client -log would give more details.
> 	Specify  scheduler.conf  entry:
>
> 	smtp/*gottach.com
> 		command="smtp -s -l /var/log/mail/smtp.gottach"
>
> 	then you get the details on what happens.

Found most of the problems.
Sombody has to come up with an Make/install package that will not do what
you ask it to do, but what you really want done. I ended up not
installing the binaries and some of the pieces ended up in strange places.

What I am seeing now is that most everything seems to work but when I do
a mailq  the link to the scheduler gets opened correctly but is either
closed or dropped before mailq is able to read from it. I am able to
telnet to the scheduler and get the queue info printed and the session
closed from the remote end.

I am running zmailer-2.99.43. should I get any of the updates/patches?

Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)493-3325
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)493-7974
alvin@iplink.net              ||