Re: Anti spam methodologies (is it the new frontier?)

Eugene Crosser <crosser@online.ru>
> I really hate the idea of using server() on a regular basis.

Can't say I really like it either.. but it's not a major problem for
me.

> As a sidenote, does "pipelining" mean that smtpserver calls router to
> process every incoming message?  If yes, I'd like to disable it ;->
> If no, excuse me my ignorance ;->

Pipelining means that the client can send SMTP commands without
waiting for the result of the previous command, within limits.

  -> EHLO
wait
 <- 220
  -> MAIL FROM
  -> RCPT TO
  -> RCPT TO
wait
 <- 250 Okay
 <- 220 Okay
 <- 220 Okay

Cuts nicely down on the round trips.

I assume the pipelining rfc is in the zmailer doc directory.

--Arnt