Re: Strange message looping

> I noticed a strange behavior.  We have a friendly domain which has my
> mail host as one of MXes:
>
> kommersant.com  preference = 10, mail exchanger = smtp.kommersant.com
> kommersant.com  preference = 20, mail exchanger = koi.smtp.online.ru
>
> koi.smtp.online.ru is one of the 'alias' IP interfaces opened on
> deimos.sovam.com.  This name *is* mentioned in the 'localnames' database
> (and yes, it it sorted alphabetically).  Although, I am getting messages
> like the one below (probably when the primary MX is unreachable):

	This is why the /etc/zmailer.conf can have line line:
		SELFADDRESSES=mailhost.utu.fi,antares.utu.fi

	The problem is at the MX-lookup at the SMTP-client.
	The SMTP-client does not know which IP-addresses are
	owned by the system, and there is no simple reliable
	way to do it...  Except by listing them manually.

	Above the "mailhost.utu.fi" is a virtual host at "antares.utu.fi",
	by means of having separate IP address for itself.
> Any clues?
>
> Eugene

	/Matti Aarnio