Re: make install bites...

On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, David Nugent wrote:

> > 2. It's not clear from INSTALL how to keep zmailer from installing
> > stuff into the /usr/local/bin.  It gives the impression that this
> > stuff in installed into MAILBIN.

> Back to question 1, if this worked correctly, then you'd see
> all of zmailer's files under $MAILBIN, $MAILVAR, plus the sendmail,
> rmail links (wherever they be) and /etc/{zmailer,mail}.conf.
> And the postoffice tree of course. That's it.

I am using
configure  --with-gcc --with-bundled-libresolv --prefix=/usr/local/zmail

and it works for me ! But you should be aware of the fact that if you
have installed Zmailer already, and now are going to move it to some other
place, you should remove (or edit) /etc/zmailer.conf. If you don't, the
--prefix option will not work, configure takes all the parameters from
/etc/zmailer.conf. I have spent 30 minutes till I found this fact -
maybe you repeat my error ?

Alexandre Sidorenko		Senior System Administrator
asid@microtec.net
Internet Microtec, Montreal, QC