mailbox adding extra line?

It seems that the mailbox transport agent adds an extra empty line at the
beginning of any message body.  In 2.99.38, it did not.  I am speaking
about the mailbox because I checked a message while it was in the router
queue and in the transport queue, and it looked fine.  But in the mailbox,
it gets one or even more extra empty lines (BTW, it broke some automatic
processing here :-( )

Has anyone noticed this?  It applies to 2.99.43+all patches on Solaris 2.4.
I did not do any mods to the mailbox program.

Eugene