Re: blocking certain domains, not acting as a relay

-> i've been digging thru zmailer looking for such (fairly new to zmailer but
-> familiar with *gasp* *barf* sendmail, aka /usr/lib/sendcertadvisories)
->
-> anyhow, how does one go about setting zmailer up not to act as a mail
-> relay for other domains? i'd like to only accept mail that is destined for
-> local users or aliases, and maybe (for a different machine) accept mail
-> going to anywhere but only from certain machines, and mail from anywhere
-> but only going to certain machines.

I wanted to do this some time ago, I thought we can check if our or
connected machine is MX for sender/recipient and if not, we should reject
mail. But, people can add to DNS any machine as MX for their machine, so
that would be not enough. Of course, checks can be done but additional way
should be to have list of computers that are allowed send mail through us
(for us to behave as their mailserver,mailhost or what name does it have)
and have list for computers that are allowed to receive mail through us.

Those two lists can be the same but I think not by default.
Two lists in two files, maybe one can be link to the other.

-> i'd also like to know the easiest way to block out a couple of domains
-> (earthstar.com comes to mind) to get rid of at least some of this UCE at
-> the source, as all users on the particular system(s) want it to be
-> blocked.

a few days (weeks ?) ago was posted a list to such domains, hosts which
could be included in smtpserver.conf
I commented all lines, and when I got junk mail, I mailed postmaster, and
then commented the line out.
If more than one machine from the same domain was sending me junk mails, I
disabled domain.

# HELO pattern          style flags
#
#emout*.mail.aol.com    !SMTP refused from this site - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING!
#
#usa1.moneyworld.com    !SMTP refused from this site - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING!
#
#*.ix.netcom.com        !SMTP refused from this domain - DO NOT ALLOW
SPAMING!
#
*.it.earthlink.net      !SMTP refused from this domain - DO NOT ALLOW
SPAMMING!
#
*.interramp.com !SMTP refused from this domain - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING!
#
#saturn.web2000.net     !SMTP refused from this site - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING!
#
#ns1.alliedsystems.com  !SMTP refused from this site - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING!
#
#omni.cyberpromo.com    !SMTP refused from this site - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING!
#
#shell.flinet.com       !SMTP refused from this site - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING!
#
#enterprise.america.com !SMTP refused from this site - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING!
#
#[199.104.114.3]        !SMTP refused from this site - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING!
#
aditom.se       !SMTP refused from this site - anonymous remailers suck. SPAM. and postmaster is unknown person
#
#psi.com        !SMTP refused from this site - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING!
#
#hotmail.com    !SMTP refused from this site - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING!
#
*.worldnet.att.net      !SMTP refused from this domain - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING!
#
Arl-Mail-Svc-1.compuserve.com   !SMTP refused from this site - DO NOT ALLOW SPAMING! postmaster is ignoring mails, We're ignoring site
#
*                       ftve

--
 E-mail: Matus.Uhlar@tuke.sk WWW: http://ccsun.tuke.sk/users/uhlar