Re: pine

> I've sent it to the wrong address....

	No, we got it just fine, propably you used
	the "Bcc:" header at PINE ?

> >Does anybody know why pine 3.9[45] is not working with zmailer?
> >
> >the symptom is that you can not send mail using pine.
> >
> >(I'm using zmailer-0.99.38 on Linux)
>
> While i did find it out myself i don't know which program to correct.
>
> the problem is that pine expects \r\n at the end of every line it gets
> from the mailer, but zmailer uses only \n when sending error messages
> and pine gets confused.
> (zmailer's smtpserver is not setuid and complaining about not able to
>  open its logfile)

	The smtpserver MUST be started by root.
	( None of the software modules are setuid, they all require
	  being started by the root.. -- except the  /usr/lib/sendmail )

> I've corrected pine but i'm unsure that this is the Right Way(tm).

	Well, it isn't.  The problem was at the smtpserver where there
	was one case of missing "\r\n" at the end of the response line,
	and it got corrected by 2.99.40, if I recall correctly...
	Yes, from the ChangeLog:

	* smtpserver/smtpserver.c:
	    Error in  type821err()  routine -- forgot to report
	    without "\r\n" at the channel output.

	I will make 2.99.43 latter today.

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>