Re: A bunch of problems with zmailer

> On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Eric Riehl wrote:
>
> > For the forward files, you can try replacing the forwarding stuff in the
> > aliases.cf file with something like:
> >
> > #       [ $PUNTHOST ] || [ $didexpand ] ||
> >         [ $didexpand ] ||
> >         a=$(echo /var/spool/forward/"$(recase -l $user)") && [ -f "$a" ] &&
> [...]
>
> Thanks. I had already done it (but a little different, I forgot the recase
> -l). My point was, every user in our environment has a (possibly empty)
> forward file, and this lead to the mentioned problems.

	The most likely problem at 2.99.41 was at  aliases.cf where
	there was a quoted string like this:
		$(listexpand -e "\$user" ...
	The thought was to have the back-slash in front of the addresses
	per sendmail -style, however that is not very trivial at all...
	... and this was the wrong way to do it.  The back-slash does
	quote the '$', and then the  $user -expansion does not happen!

	The '-e' option is to define address(es) that are used in case the
	source is void of any addresses. (Like for empty .forward -files.)

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>