Re: A bunch of problems with zmailer

-> > 4. I can't get EXPN and VRFY to work on smtpserver. This is what I get:
-> > vrfy swen@uni-paderborn.de
-> > 250 Swen Thuemmler <swen>
-> > 501 5.4.0 Unable to verify that address
->
->   expn and vrfy can be quite expensive in Zmailer, so I normally disable
-> their use.  There is a command-line option that tells the smtpserver to
-> enable vrfy/expn.  The smtpserver actually handles an expn/vrfy request by
-> forking a router,and execs server() in server.cf

maybe using UNIX domain socket would be better, router could bind to it and
smtpserver too... just for exchanging informations
I know there's a problem with more routers (which should process it ?) but
that could be made by master/slave router mechanism. Too complicated, but it
would solve situations when router crashes etc...

-> > 5. A warning. Don't compile with -xO2 on solaris, this seems to break
-> > mailbox and some other programs. We had some cases of lost mail (most in
-> > combination with elm).
->
->   This would be compiler dependant.  Is this the Sunsoft or GCC compiler?
-> (I guess Sunsoft...)

if GCC that's too bad. I love -O2

--
 E-mail: Matus.Uhlar@tuke.sk WWW: http://ccsun.tuke.sk/users/uhlar