Re: A bunch of problems with zmailer

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Swen Thuemmler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this weekend we replaced sendmail with zmailer-2.99.42. The good news is
> that it reduced the load on the mailserver considerably, and it reduced
> the delays for mails to a local mailinglist.
>
> The bad news is, we had (and have) some problems with zmailer. Some things
> don't work as we know it from sendmail - and some of them are important
> for us. I'll try to summarize these problems below in the hope someone
> more knowledgeable can provide a solution.

For the forward files, you can try replacing the forwarding stuff in the
aliases.cf file with something like:

#       [ $PUNTHOST ] || [ $didexpand ] ||
        [ $didexpand ] ||
        a=$(echo /var/spool/forward/"$(recase -l $user)") && [ -f "$a" ] &&
                db add expansions "$key" user &&
                #priv=$(getpriv "644" $priv "$a" .forward) &&
                priv=$(filepriv -M 644 "$a") &&
                return $(listaddresses -e "\$user" -c "$a .forward
expansion" < "$a" | \
                         maprrouter $(newattribute $attr privilege $priv) \
                                        "$a" "$user")

--Eric Riehl