Re: To do sendmailism, or not ? (Apparently-To:)

[ On Thu, November 21, 1996 at 22:26:57 (+0200), Matti Aarnio wrote: ]
> Subject: To do sendmailism, or not ? (Apparently-To:)
>
> 	I have thought hard wether or not to do what
> 	I consider 'sendmailism'; namely removing the
> 	current 'To: some-comment:;' being generated
> 	at the router when no 'To:' header exists, and
> 	replace that by adding sendmail-like 'Apparently-To:'
> 	header at the delivery time at the mailbox (and
> 	perhaps sm) channels.

I'll vote against "apparently-to:".  I don't like it, and I don't think
it is of any real benefit.  I do like what Zmailer now does, and I
consider it more correct.

> 	At the use of the physical delivery address there
> 	are 'interesting' side-effects when somebody uses
> 	procmail et.al. things running on pipes, and the
> 	"user"-field on the receiver definitions tells
> 	that one...

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Do you mean procmail doesn't
understand the current zmailer behaviour?

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods