Re: localhost

> Zmailer does resolv my real hostname as localhost even if I put different
> alias to /etc/mail.conf .
> How do I disable that "feature" ?
>
> My /etc/mail.conf looks like this:
> # Where am I?
> orgdomain=arnes.si
> # Who am I?
> hostname=tosc.$orgdomain
> # Who do I claim to be?
> mydomain=tosc.$orgdomain
>
> but zmailer recognizes irc.arnes.si as localhost too.

	Hmm..  Like I suspected:
	"dig a irc.arnes.si" gave:  "CNAME tosc.arnes.si"

	You can test the processing by following way:

# /opt/mail/bin/router -i
z# trace functions
z# router test@irc.arnes.si

	and look at the output at when it becomes canonified with
	a call to  "canon"  function.

	You MAY get away from it by editing (only slightly) configuration
	files I have bundled at 2.99.41 into  proto/cf/ -subdirectory.
	Use  TELE-FI.cf  as your  router.cf --- the most important set
	in there is the "toplevels" -set!

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>