zmailer with UIUC cso/qi/ph db

I'm very new to zmailer, have just gotten the next-to-latest release up
and working on one of my servers.

Here's my question:

Has anyone integrated zmailer into an environment that uses UIUC's ph
database?

Specifically, what I'd like to do is rewrite From: addresses and envelope
sender with an alias that exists in the ph database.

I would assume that one of alias or crossbar would be the best place to do
this, but I'm not sure.  Any guidance at all will be greatly appreciated.

-neophite :-)

Tim DiLauro                          Milton S. Eisenhower Library
Library Systems Jack                 Johns Hopkins University
(410) 516-5263                       3400 N. Charles Street
timmo@jhu.edu                        Baltimore, MD  21218