Re: scheduler 2.99.38 core dumps

> I noticed that the recipient lines in the control file ALL have extra spaces.
> Could this cause the scheduler to die?  I verified that they are spaces,
> not tabs.  If so, I guess I have to find out why the router wrote such a
> control file.  I was using the SMTP+UUCP.cf router configuration file.
>

> 	i 307699-29159
> 	o 586
> 	l <Pine.BSI.3.91.961023094931.29967D-100000@malasada.lava.net>
> 	e <lani@lava.net>
> 	s smtp mac.its.Hawaii.Edu lani@lava.net 0
> 	r       smtp mac.its.Hawaii.Edu rabsf-l@Hawaii.Edu 60001
>
> -Julio Polo, U of Hawaii

	The "r"-lines have lots of spaces for doing so called
	"pid-locking" on transport.

	The scheduler can dump core for a number of reasons, apparently
	usage of TURNME ( a.k.a. ETRN ) is one of them.  However this is
	a normal message, and these should not cause core-drops.

	A debugger back-trace from such drop would tell me a lot.

	A way to run it to see why it crashes is:

		# $MAILBIN/scheduler -i -v

	The last things it does are rather revealing - usually.
	(I notice there might be such a list at my mailbox further down..)

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi> <matti.aarnio@tele.fi>