redirecting a quad in crossbar.cf

I would like to try and do the following:

In crossbar.cf, if I see an address on the smtp channel going to
x@y, then I would like to redirect the address to the local channel for
user x. I cannot do this in the alias function because I only want this
to happen for 'to' addresses and not 'from'. I have already been able
to figure all this out except that when we attempt to deliver I get
a permissions problem of not being able to have mailbox deliver
to a file or pipe. It would seem there are some attributes to an address
that I do not understand how to change in order to make this happen.

If anyone can give me some pointers I would be grateful.

thanks.

/mrg