Who does routing???

Hi!
Until today I was sure that it is the router who does routing in Zmailer,
but today I have done following experiment:
1. I have killed the router:
		$MAILBIN/zmailer kill router
2. I have checked to ensure that no router is running:
		ps -ef |grep router
3. I have sent a mail from another machine to see the file in $POSTOFFICE/router
4. I have discovered that my mail managed to flew away through router
   directory into the queue and transport and was sent out of the gateway.
5. After recovering from the shock I checked once more if there is any
   router running: NO!

So now can anybody enlighten me who does routing in Zmailer?
And what is the purpose for router daemons?

I am using zmailer-2.99.38 on SPARCstation 10 under Solaris 2.5.
I started using Zmailer several years ago, so maybe I have missed
description of some new features in recent releases.

Still shocked,
	Jerzy Sobczyk

Jerzy Sobczyk              ____________ ___     Institute of Control and
J.Sobczyk@ia.pw.edu.pl    /  /     |  |/  _\    Computation Engineering,