2.99.38 problems and procmail

The new configure worked well, however I encountered some other troubles:

Text files such as INSTALL and Overview marked executable in tar file for
no apparent reason

make install did not seem to install binaries as advertised in INSTALL

make install-bins tried to put everything except the zmailer and
newaliases script in /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/bin/ta instead of on
$MAILBIN (set to /usr/local/mail/lib). There is no reference to
/usr/local/bin in my SiteConfig

rmail ended up in /usr/local/bin despite the line
RMAILPATH=	/usr/bin/rmail

A symlink to /usr/local/bin/sendmail ended up in /usr/sbin/sendmail
apparently because of:
SENDMAILPATH=	/usr/sbin/sendmail

./zmailer kill doesn't want to work, apparently because it changes
directories and tries to exec $0

On the procmail front:

Ken Pizzini <ken@ember.spry.com> wrote:

> > ps: I'd asked a while back about having Procmail do local mail
> > delivery,
> > has anyone gotten this working? Procmail has some configuration
> > information for an ancient version of Zmailer which didn't work for
> > me..

> My sm.conf includes the line:
>  local   sSPfn   /usr/local/bin/procmail         procmail -a $h -d $u

> In scheduler.conf my "local" entry includes:
>               command="sm -8c $channel local"

Well this almost works, and I believe I tried this same thing back in
February with 2.99.26. Here's the message I get:

<local oxymoron "|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #oxymoron"
503>: procmail: Unknown user ""|ifs=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-||exit
75 #oxymoron""[exit status 67 (addressee unknown) of command:
/usr/local/bin/procmail]

Instead of sending the message through the pipe, it sends the whole alias
to procmail which breaks Majordomo's aliases as well (what a mess that
just made). In fact, I think Zmailer did the wrong thing on a bunch of
messages that it generated error messages for, sending them to the
reply-to: address rather than the errors-to: address. I can't be sure,
however, because I don't have the full headers for those messages.