Problems with router when upgrading from 2.99.27 to 2.99.37

Hi,

yesterday I upgraded from zmailer-2.99.27 to 2.99.37, because I had
some problems with the .27 release. When forwarding mail to a uucp
host sometimes parts of MIME messages were just cut off. .37 doesn't
seem to have this problem.

Now I got the following problem with the router. This is my
routes file:
#a -- sample hosts.transport file from neat.ai.toronto.edu --
#b This *entire* file must be kept sorted (comments included!)
#c entries in this file are checked first by router.cf. they have the form
#d      name    channel!next_destination
#e A leading . on the name indicates that all subdomains match as well
brian   uucp!brian
brian.UUCP      uucp!brian
brian.coli.uni-sb.de    uucp!brian
brian.lunetix.de        uucp!brian
morpheus        uucp!morpheus
morpheus.UUCP   uucp!morpheus
morpheus.lunetix.de     uucp!morpheus
public.UUCP     smtp!public.lunetix.de
The host where this zmailer runs on (pythia.coli.uni-sb.de) is
the MX-host for brian.lunetix.de (and morpheus.lunetix.de) and
is supposed to forward messages destined for these hosts via uucp.
This setup works fine with .27, but with .37 it just seems to ignore
my routes file. What I do now is using .37 with the router from .27 -
I just had to replace the binary "router" and it instantly worked,
without changing any configuration. I'd like to understand why
the .37 router doesn't work with this setup. BTW this runs
on a Linux 2.0.13 host, based on a redhat 3.0.3 distribution.

-- Ulrich