mailbox locks

Hello,

	The mailbox locks are not quite so simple as I had
	thought.   Autoconfiguring will detect system locking
	capabilities -- with an assumption that having locking
	system calls (library functions), they are usable.

	Some experiences with autoconfigured Linux seems to
	indicate that only "dotlock" method should be used,
	or that the order of locks used now is wrong.

	I have been thinking of building a runtime configration
	mechanism for choosing locks, and their orders, but
	what would be suitable method ?   Storing the sequence
	at the  /etc/zmailer.conf environment variables ?

	Oh yes, the hashed spool subdirectories mechanism for
	the scheduler has proved to be quite interesting.
	I am not so sure if it has speeded up the system, but
	at least directory accesses have now smalled subdirs
	to search.

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>