Re: Still problems with zmailer 2.99.35 and autoconf under redhat

> Hi,
>
> zmailer 2.99.35 configure still doesn't work with redhat 3.0.3.
> it seems it wants to use -ldbm together with ndbm.h. On my linux
> system (and I think on most linux systems) berkeley ndbm ist
> called libdb (not libdbm!).

	Actually it is NOT ndbm, it is DB, and as such, it is not
	properly integrated...  But I can give you support for the
	ndbm emulation mode by a new configure script.
	(It needs more code to do full support)

> checking for gdbm.h... yes
> checking for ndbm.h... yes
> checking for sdbm.h... no
> checking for db.h... yes
> checking for dbm.h... no
> Located  gdbm_open()  routine at gdbm library
> configure: error: No <ndbm.h>, but tried to link-test dbm_open() ??

Auch, that error report is negated a bit.  Now it is:
- a non-fatal message
- tells something like:
  Has <ndbm.h>, but dbm_open() is not at libc, libndbm, nor at libdb ??

> Maybe it should use gdbm when there is some error with ndbm.
> I tried to do a patch for it in configure.in but it produces
> a configure that doesn't work.. I suspect it is a autoconf
> instalation problem here so I included it:

	Perhaps.  That gave me some ideas..
	I will soon announce the availability of the 'configure' script.

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>