Re: Trouble using "sendmail" w/ inetd for incoming mail

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Brian Fisk wrote:

> I just fetched zmailer 2.99.31 and installed it on a Sparc 5 with solaris
> 2.5 (it struggled and eventually got it to compile--Matti's message was
> too late:).
>
> First, a bug (I think): The transport agents seemed to be broken; the
> function "warning" (in ta.h) is declared to return an int, but in the
> transport agents, it is declared to return a void.  This causes gcc to get
> all upset.  Though probably the wrong thing to do, I changed it to a void
> in ta.h and it compiled fine.

I had the same difficulty. warning is declared as void in several places:

errormail.c:37: conflicting types for `warning'
mailbox.c:267: conflicting types for `warning'
hold.c:120: conflicting types for `warning'
sm.c:74: conflicting types for `warning'

My tactic was to comment them out of those files, preserving the
original declaration in ta.h, and everything compiled ok this way too.

May not make too much difference operationally though, since none
of the warning calls does anything with return values.
But I suspect that the int warning  declaration in ta.h could be wrong,
since it is defined as void in transports/libta/warning.c

> Now I am having a problem sending mail to that machine from other zmailer
> Linux machines running 2.99.27.  The Sparc is using TCP wrappers and
> ... (snip)

Just built it, so I haven't had a chance to fully test it yet...

Does eliminating the TCP wrap on sendmail make the problem go away?

Cheers,
--
James S. MacKinnon           Office: P-139 Avahd-Bhatia Physics Lab
Team Physics                 Voice : (403) 492-8226