Re: Zmailer SMTP: Anal retentive or correct?

Hi everybody,

I appreciate the concern everyone is showing over our mail gateway,
but since things are working now, I think I will just bow out of the
conversation.

I'd especially like to thank Nicholas Briggs for his suggestion to use
source routing to reach xerox.com:

>If you really haven't got the UUCP hosts in any kind of DNS registered domain,
>and you don't want to hide them inside your own domain (as Matti suggested, I
>think), then you could generate source routed addresses --
>@yourmailhost.ssr.com:user@uucphost
>and we'll be quite happy with that.    RFC1123, of course, deprecates source
>routing.

As he promised, it does indeed work.

Regards,
sdb