Re: Solaris 5.5 - SA_INTERRUPT undeclared

> having initial difficulties compiling various zmailer revisions
> under Solaris 5.5
>
> This particular one is zmailer 2.99.25 (our production code at present
> on another machine).
>
> using hostenv/SunOS5.4 (since there wasn't a 5.5). Is there a new
> hostenv/SunOS5.5 in the works?

	It depends on the order of selections in    include/zmsignal.h
	file, and you could take a newer copy of it from other sets,
	and get things to work.

	My intention is to get rid of  hostenv/* -files alltogether,
	however some things are a bit difficult to test at the GNU-
	autoconfig script  --  2.99.28/2.99.29 are test versions of
	that, and it still does not work neatly with Sun Solaris..

> cd ../libsh; make  libsh.a
> ../ssl/ssl -D short -l sh.lst sh.ssl
> gcc -g -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -DMAILER  -I../include  -c sslwalker.c
> optimizer
> .c interpret.c listutils.c builtins.c io.c expand.c mail.c path.c
> prompt.c test.
> c trap.c variables.c execute.c jobcontrol.c tregexp.c regex.c zmsh.c
> listtrees.c
> trap.c: In function `trapsnap':
> trap.c:86: `SA_INTERRUPT' undeclared (first use this function)
> trap.c:86: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> trap.c:86: for each function it appears in.)
> (also undeclared in execute.c, zmsh.c)

	include/zmsignal.h
	(take it from 2.99.28, and it will work)

> For zmailer 2.99.28, I get various other headaches. After commenting
> out the autoconf and autoheader calls in the Makefile - why are they there?
> my machine can't find them. Souldn't there be a note indicating any extra
> packages needed ?)

	You did executed:  ./configure --prefix=xxxx   ?
	Didn't you ??  (You should not have the "Makefile"s
	around, if you didn't..)

	I need to download my sail-boat edition to Solaris,
	and try it there.  (Yes, I did some work on it while
	anchored somewhere after a day of sailing...)

> making all in smtpserver
> cd ../lib ; make
> make: Warning: Infinite loop: Target `../libs/libz.a' depends on itself
>
> ucbcc: Invalid input file name ../include/rfc822.entry, no output
> generated for this file.
>
> "/usr/include/sys/machsig.h", line 83: macro BUS_OBJERR redefines
> previous macro at "/usr/ucbinclude/sys/signal.h", line 447
>
> cc -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.. -I../include   -c  fdstatfs.c
> cc -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I.. -I../include  -o smtpserver smtpserver.o
> version.o rfc821scn.o debugreport.o loadaver.o  fdstatfs.o -L../libs -lz
> -lzc -lident -lmalloc_d -lresolv -lsocket  -lelf
> ild: (undefined symbol) kvm_open -- referenced in the text segment of loadaver.o
> ild: (undefined symbol) kvm_read -- referenced in the text segment of loadaver.o
> ild: (undefined symbol) kvm_close -- referenced in the text segment of loadaver.o
> ild: (undefined symbol) kvm_nlist -- referenced in the text segment of loadaver.o

	Hmm...  -lkvm is missing ??   I have to download my source to
	our Solaris machines -- now that I am back at home..

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi> <mea@utu.fi>