Re: zmailer-2.99.29, and autoconfig ...

[ On Wed, July 17, 1996 at 17:38:45 (+0300), Aarnio Matti wrote: ]
> Subject: zmailer-2.99.29, and autoconfig ...
>
> 	At Solaris 2.5 the  ./configure  gives following
> 	lines just before it groaks, because it can't
> 	figure out the DNS resolver.
>
> checking for -lnsl... yes
> need -lsocket and -lnsl together
> checking _res without -lresolv... no
> checking -lresolv... configure: error: need resolver _res global but not in -lresolv; giving up
>
> 	Any suggestions ?

I'd almost swear that someone ran the resolver stuff I forwarded in the
context of the tkined/scotty configuration.  I've had a lot of people
pick of the patch I made available, and nobody has reported any problems.

If you want a peek at the complete configure.in I use for scotty, let me
know and I'll mail it to you.  Perhaps it has some earlier dependency.

Have you been able to manually verify that the _res global options
variable is available on the default Solaris 2.5 resolver?

Does zmailer really need _res?  (I suspect it does.)

> 	We should be back by monday.

Happy sailing!

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods