Re: autoconfig, and timezones ?

[ On Sat, July 13, 1996 at 01:55:19 (-0400), Andy Poling wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: autoconfig, and timezones ?
>
> On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> > 	Anybody with good tips at how to handle the timezones with
> > 	autoconfig ?   That thing is extremely varied :-(
> >
> > 	There is something else I noticed too last night, but don't
> > 	recall now -- HAM convention locations have these days rather
> > 	good network connectivity, anyway :-)
>
> Am I missing something here?  I thought that all modern unixes put the
> time zone info in the environment via init...

Not any more.  I think most systems implement the default system
timezone it by copying or linking the current zoneinfo file to
/etc/localtime.  POSIX.2 specifies the TZ environment variable as an
option to over-ride the local system default.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods