Re: zmailer 2.99.27 IRIX client problem

John D. Groenveld writes:
> I decided to make my SGI mail clients to my Solaris server (happily running
> zmailer) but ran into a couple of problems. My first problem was easy, a type
> conflict (I can send a patch if this hasnt been already caught).
> Unfortunately, my second problem is burning my brain. When testing mail, I
> get:
> link("/var/spool/postoffice/public/254", "/var/spool/postoffice/router/254"):
> errno 2
> I thought this was a permission problem, but the disk is exported correctly
> and mounted R/W. I thought this was a build problem, but I installed it on
> another IRIX5.3 machine and it works. Suggestions, flames (with appropriate
> man page references), etc?

Is it Solaris 2.5?  We had problems with Solaris2.5 (which is NFS3 by
default) not able to work properly with our mail server running some
ancient RISC/OS and NFS2.  It had been working fine for years until we
upgraded from 2.3 to 2.5.  Given that IRIX is some derivative of
RISC/OS, the same incompatibility might be biting you.

We ended up installing zmailer on Solaris (and still don't have the
configuration quite perfect -- sigh).

../Dave