ndbm support

  It seems that the owner_ndbm() and modp_ndbm() functions in ndbm.c have
been modified not to use dbm_pagfno() (I believe in 2.99.26) to get the file
descriptor associated with the database, but instead to use stat() calls on the
filename.

  However, the code appears to assume that the database name will equal
the filename.  This won't work with the original ndbm as separate
<database name>.dir and <database name>.pag files are used.  This
won't work with the BSD db package as the a <database name>.db file is
used.  I guess this will only work with gdbm() as uses only one file, and
no suffix?

Tom