Re: dumb clients, trailing spaces, and smtpserver

> I was going through the smptserver log today and found that
> there were a fair number of failures caused by trailing
> spaces in e-mail addresses:
>   RCPT TO:<foo@bar.com        >
>   501-                ^
>   501 Path data: Extra garbage before terminating ">"
> In an ideal world the mail client software would trim trailing
> whitespace from the e-mail destination before shunting the message
> through SMTP, but that obviously is not this world.  How hard would
> it be to modify smtpserver to recognize (and fix on the fly) this
> particular problem?

	Yeah,  Ken sent me patches for this, and two others already.
	(While yours truly was pondering, in bed, if there really
	 is sense at the ancient greece medicine about the purpose
	 of brain as an organ to produce slime...  :^| *sneeze*  )

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>