Problem with zmailer 2.99.27 (and others) ?

Hi,
I'm upgrading an old zmailer installation to a recently aquired Sparc 20
running Solaris (SunOS 4.5).
This is a large uucp gateway into Internet, with +1500 hosts in the uucp
side.

In order to get all these nodes to be trusted, I tried to use in trusted.cf
a small loop to load all uucp nodes into relation trusted, by getting
the list from a sed on /etc/passwd, like:

for u in $(/bin/sed -n '/:5:/s/:.*//p' /etc/passwd)
do
    db add trusted $u
done

But apparently 2.99.27 does not like external commands to return more than
512 or so bytes, and it dumps core. Same thing in linux 1.2.13.

I tried to understand the code in execute.c and interpret.c with no much luck

Matti, any insights ?

Thank you!
-tron

--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <tron@secyt.gov.ar>   +54 1 799-2715
Cordoba 3122 #6A Buenos Aires 1636 // LW7 EQI  Argentina