Re: ndbm support on router

> Hi,
>
> I'm running 2.99.26 on Solaris 2.4.  Actually I want to enable the
> "fullnamemap" database and found that NDBM seems not working.  I've already
> created the fullnames.dir & fullnames.pag files using makedbm command.
>
> % cat fullnames | makedbm -l - fullnames
>
> However, table lookup always returns empty even key exists in NDBM files.
> I've tried to create other ndbm files and the result is the same as well.
> Here's what I try,

	That's because SunOS/Solaris  ``makedbm''  is not in the same format,
	as is ZMailer's  ``makendbm''

sol:/opt/src/mea/zmailer-2.99.26/utils/makendbm|548$ more makendbm.c
/* Copyright 1993 - Matti Aarnio, Turku University, Turku, Finland
   This will be free software, but only when it is finished.

   The way the Zmailer uses DBM entries is by using strings with
   their terminating NULL as keys, and as data..  Thus the length
   is strlen(string)+1, not strlen(string) !
*/

	Now why did I choose to make it this way, I don't remember...

	Oh yes, I did some rewrite at this utility for 2.99.27 -- it
	does now compile at systems without ndbm, but which do have
	at least the  gdbm  -- make a guess which systems ;-)

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@utu.fi> <mea@nic.funet.fi>