Re: Various Zmailer Problems

After some look-ins into that aliasing trouble..

> > 2) aliases file pipes don't work with @'s
> >
> > If I have an aliases entry that looks like this:
> >
> > foobar: "|/usr/local/bin/foobar foobar@puck.nether.net"
> >
> > It returns a user unknown error.  However, if I remove the @, it works fine.
> > I've tried this multiple times.  Escaping the @ with \ doesn't work.  I've
> > tried to dig through the docs for a reason, but can't find anything :-/
> >
> > A few of my scripts need the @ capability, though.  Any ideas?
>
> 	I have a vague feeling of it being a focusing, and/or
> 	canonicalization problem.

  At the start of the  canonicalize  routine at the   cf/canon.cf
  there is a sequence:

canonicalize (address) {
        # -- stringwise sift
        ssift "$address" in
        \|.+            echo $address ; return ;;       # pass through
        tfiss
        # -- tokenized sift
        sift "$address" in

  which does the detection of the local address, and avoids
  mis-quotation/focusing.

  It depends at which version you have loaded.

 	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi> <mea@utu.fi>