Re: Q: Setting retries on the half-hour?

 > Every time a site connects to an ISP or the process can be put in place
 > to tell the queue to be dumped *for that site*.  If so desired it could
 > be put in the crontab although that is not as elegant as doing it only
 > when the site has just dialed in and is UP.

that's what the ETRN extention to SMTP is for, right?  it means "run
your queues for site X, in the way you would normally do that".  (as
opposed to the previous TURN command, which meant "run your queues for me,
using _this_ connection", which of course is a huge security hole.)

(i hope i got the ETRN name right -- this is from memory...)

paul
    paul fox                            american internet corporation
    pgf@american.com			(home: pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us)