(Clueless) setup questions..

Here are a couple quick setup questions I had for the list...

Procmail - what's the best way to integrate it? The instructions that
came with procmail say to add a line "local blah blah blah" to sm.cf,
which is not used for local delivery in the current release. I tried to
replace mailbox with sm in the scheduler configuration, but this resulted
in procmail getting sent raw aliases, like "|/bin/cat > /dev/null".

Second, login is not reporting new mail anymore, mailbox seems to be
losing the access times on the /var/spool/mail files. This is with Linux
1.3.57. The man page for mailbox implied that -a to mailbox would cause
this behaviour, but as far as I can tell, it's only getting -8.

Finally, I'm getting messages from smtpserver on my console that look
like they've passed through syslogd. Similar messages are occassionally
showing up in /var/log/messages. I added the recommended lines to
/etc/syslog.conf (and tried changing them several times) but this didn't
seem to affect matters much. Perhaps you can tell me what I'm missing:

# /etc/syslog.conf
*.=debug					/usr/adm/debug
*.info						/usr/adm/messages
*.notice					/usr/adm/messages
*.warn						/usr/adm/syslog
mail.*						/var/log/maillog

The last one may have magically cured itself, or the frequency has gone
down remarkably.