router -i

I know I'm going to feel stupid when I read the answer to this, but
perhaps someone here can explain to me what I'm doing wrong. This has to
do with the router interactive testing.

The following seems to be new in zmailer 2.99.26, but it may also have
been the same with one or more earlier versions since it is a while since
I refreshed all my .cf files and installed zmailer 'clean' with new
everything. However, I *know* this used to work with previous 2.99.xx
versions - I just can't say when it stopped working.

Now (at last), the problem. I use router -i to interrogate the router as
follows:

 server:/# /usr/libexec/mail/router -i
 ZMailer router (2.99.26 #1: Mon Feb 12 22:30:09 EST 1996)
   davidn@server:/usr/src/zmailer-2.99.26/router
 Copyright 1992 Rayan S. Zachariassen
 Copyright 1992-1996 Matti Aarnio

 z# router davidn@sdev.blaze.net.au
 <davidn.interactive@blaze.net.au>: address: davidn@sdev.blaze.net.au
 (((smtp sdev.blaze.net.au davidn@sdev.blaze.net.au default_attributes)))
 z#

This tels me that it'll attempt to deliver an item of email via smtp to
sdev.blaze.net.au when sent to that address, right?

However, the MX record for sdev.blaze.net.au

 SU server:/# nslookup
 Default Server:  server.blaze.net.au
 Address:  203.17.53.1

 > set type=MX
 > sdev.blaze.net.au
 Server:  server.blaze.net.au
 Address:  203.17.53.1

 sdev.blaze.net.au  preference = 10, mail exchanger = unique.blaze.net.au
 sdev.blaze.net.au  preference = 20, mail exchanger = server.blaze.net.au
 sdev.blaze.net.au  preference = 100, mail exchanger = yarrina.connect.com.au
 ~

As you can see, the preferred MX target is unique.blaze.net.au. Why
doesn't router -i show this?

BTW, delivery works perfectly. Mail actually addressed to
*@sdev.blaze.net.au is actually sent to unique.blaze.net.au. It's just a
little annoying that it doesn't indicate this when run in interactive
mode. Looking at the output of a mail -v send to sdev.. it appears that MX
lookup is now delayed until the scheduler (streamlining?)? I guess that's
ok - assuming this is the way it was designed - but is there any way of
having "router -i" do this for the purposes of testing?

Regards,
David