Re: zmailer-2.99.25 router problem

> Sorry if this is a known bug, but we are in need of assistance.
>
> We have been running zmailer-2.97 for some time, and noticed that every
> once in a while the sheduler or router would hang, and we'd have to kill
> and restart zmailer to get things flowing again.  This is on a BSDI 1.1
> system.
>
> In an effort to avoid this and other bugs, I've been working to
> upgrade our current version to Matti Aarnio's zmailer version 2.99.95.

	No, I am not QUITE that far in my numbers ;-)

> We had to make a couple of adjustments to the source code to get it to
> compile properly (including grabbing an old copy of the compat/sendmail
> Makefile, as it was missing in this version), but it finally.  However,

	??  Really ?  It must have been some error at "make dist" then.
	(like "Makefile" in 'root's ownership, and too tightly protected..)

> now I'm getting a coredump when I try to start up the router to test it
> with router -i.  Here is what gdb had to say:
>
> # gdb router core.router
> Core was generated by `router'.
> #0  0x211d3 in siofputs (s=0x78<Address 0x78 out of bounds>, fp=0x5a670)
>     at io.c:129
>
> 129               *siop->sb_ptr++ = (u_char)*s++;
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x211d3 in siofputs (s=0x78<Address 0x78 out of bounds>, fp=0x5a670)
>     at io.c:129
> #1  0x22d85 in s_grind (list=0x0, fp=0x5a670) at listutils.c:200

	Err..  I suspect your compiler, this line has:
		fputs("nil", fp);

	That is, it sends constant data to the output..
	(at latter email Bruce confirms this.)
> Initially I thought this was a problem with the difference between
> the regular fileno and the unsigned casting of fileno (FILENO) between
> the two versions, but changing it back to fileno didn't seem to make
> any difference.  Is there something in our router.cf file that we need
> to change?

	Nothing, actually nothing on the scripts can affect that error.

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@utu.fi>