anonymous mail from Netscape

Dear zmailers:

I have a number of public-access PCs on my network which have
Netscape installed.  Netscape has a menu entry for "Mail Document",
that allows the user to send SMTP mail to a specified server.  The
program's Preferences window lets the user enter his email address.

Since the user can just fill in whatever address he feels like
using, this is about the easiest way in the world to send abusive
mail anonymously, or to send a message that looks like it comes from
someone else.

I'd like to know if there's a way that smtpserver could be
configured to plug this barn door that Netscape has opened into my
mail system's security.  Rejecting mail from certain hosts would be
a start, since all legit mail from the PCs goes through one of my
NeXTs via POP service (password secured) or via Pine in a Telnet
login.

I hesitate to admit this, but I'm still running version 2.21.  It's
been working like a champ for almost 2 years, and I've had no reason
to upgrade.  I'm from the "ain't broke" school of software management.